COVID-19 Update- 06/08/2020- VIC Stage 4 Restrictions
Smart Start and our service centres are operating as per normal. Our service centres remain open to service and install your alcohol interlock.
‘For some people the nearest goods and services will be more than 5km away. In this situation you may travel beyond 5km to the nearest provider’. https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/stage-4-restrictions-covid-19
We are experiencing longer than usual call wait times, if your enquiry is not urgent please use our chat service or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Update-06/08/2020- NSW/VIC Border Restrictions
NSW Customers : Due to NSW/Victorian border restrictions it is strongly advised to attend a service centre in NSW. Please find a list of our service centres here: https://www.smartstartinterlocks.com.au/service-centres
COVID-19 Update - 09/07/2020- NSW Border Entry
To all participants affected by the NSW border closure: Due to current border restrictions, please prepare in advance if you require an interlock service.
Please follow the link to apply for NSW border entry permit: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-covid-19-nsw-border-entry-permit#eligibility
We strongly recommend having bi-monthly service when due for service (bi-monthly service charges apply).
COVID-19 Update -24/03/2020- Bi-Monthly Service
All states and territory have the availability and are strongly recommended to have bi-monthly service when due for service.
- Bi-monthly service charges apply (bi-monthly= 2 months).
- All monthly fees are paid at the time of service.
- You need to attend the service centre to have your interlock calibrated.
- Violation recalls remain in place.
- If unable to pay for 2 months service, then 1 month service applies.
To minimise social interaction as per Federal Government guidelines.
COVID-19 Update -19/03/2020- We are taking steps to help ensure your safety
During the Coronavirus outbreak, we recognise that you may have questions or concerns about your alcohol monitoring experience. Please be assured that our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our Clients and our Team members.
We are constantly monitoring developments and following best practices from the Australian Department of Health. Here are some steps we are taking, which you can also take to help you feel confident with your Alcohol Interlock Program.
What You Should Do
Even in normal circumstances, there are significant steps you can take to ensure that your device is hygienic and safe to use:
- Do not let anyone else use your Alcohol Interlock unless it is absolutely necessary. If someone does use your device, replace the existing mouthpiece as quickly as possible with a new unopened mouthpiece. Dispose of the old mouthpiece. We offer free mouthpieces at all of our Service Centres.
- Please do not use any wipes that contain alcohol, as it can cause damage to the fuel cell, and potentially cause fail readings (violations).
It's important to try to stop the spread of the virus while also adhering to your program. By following a few simple guidelines, you can help us keep our Service Centres safe and support you in meeting your legal obligation.
- If you are quarantined or are showing specific symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please reschedule your appointment and call our Customer Support Line 1300 256 900. If you do come to a Service Centre with any of these symptoms, you will be asked to leave and call to reschedule or to make alternate arrangements.
Our team members have been instructed to follow the "social distancing" guidelines of 1.5 meters where possible; the more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.
What Smart Start is Doing
We have intensified our usual emphasis on health and hygienic practices. These include:
- Washing hands thoroughly, not just before and after every customer interaction, but repeatedly throughout the day.
- Thoroughly cleaning surfaces in high traffic areas several times each day.
- Requiring team members to stay home if they exhibit virus symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- When you come to a Smart Start Service Centre, we always offer new mouthpieces at no charge.
We are Here for You
Working together, we can make sure your program progresses as smoothly and seamlessly as possible, regardless of the circumstances.