We are all responsible for stopping the spread of Coronavirus. Responsible use of our Alcohol Interlock Devices is an opportunity to do our bit to protect both ourselves and our wider community. Keeping your device germ free is particularly important if you share the vehicle with others.
Some things to keep in mind:
- If you are quarantined or are showing specific symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please reschedule your appointment and call our Customer Support Line 1300 256 900. If you do come to a Service Centre with any of these symptoms, you will be asked to leave and call to reschedule or to make alternate arrangements.
- Smart Start Team members will be held to the same standards so that our customers are not put at risk.
If another person does use your vehicle, it is recommended that you:
- Use separate mouthpieces
- When switching drivers, remove the mouthpiece you've used with a tissue, then disinfect the body of the unit with an alcohol-free wipe.
- If you don't have a separate mouthpiece, feel free to ask one of our friendly agents, who will provide spares free of charge.
How to clean and disinfect your device:
- Remove mouthpiece with a tissue.
- Clean body of device and curly cord with an alcohol-free disinfectant wipe (Not only can alcohol caused false readings, but it can also damage the device).
- Boil your mouthpiece in water for 2 minutes to disinfect.
To find out more about Smart Start's response to the Coronavirus, vist https://www.smartstartinterlocks.com.au/coronavirus